Master Planning & Community Inputs for the Village
The Village currently lacks capacity to implement strategies for housing and economic development. Blue Star Studio Inc is leading a group of planners, architects, engineers, funding specialists, technical assistance providers, and other to work with the local community and tribal governmental entities to address multiple challenges identified by the Village, which currently include:
- Inadequate zoning, building code regulations, and taxation policies to support development.
- Reduced levels of Bureau of Indian Affairs assistance in recent years.
- Abandoned buildings and many undeveloped residential lots spread across the Village’s 120 acres of trust land (tribal) holdings, due to lack of infrastructure and the complexities of securing financing on trust-held land.
- How to streamline funding and education for tribal members who have wanted to build homes and start businesses in the Village.
- Modernizing infrastructure, including mitigating frequent flooding using a new storm water management system, and increasing access to broadband Internet, which currently impede expansion of housing and economic development efforts.